Skip to main content

High School Diploma Applications for WWII, Korean and Vietnam veterans

Email This Page

Honorably discharged WWII, Korean or Vietnam era veterans who were unable to receive their high school diplomas because they enlisted or were drafted into the armed forces can still be awarded their graduation certificate.

Veterans must have attended high school in Michigan and served in the military during the following time periods:

  • WWII: Dec. 16, 1940 – Dec. 31, 1946
  • Korean conflict: June 23, 1950 – Jan. 31, 1955
  • Vietnam: Feb. 29, 1961 - May 7, 1975

To apply for a diploma, the veteran or family member must return the Application for High School Diploma for Michigan WWII, Korean and Vietnam Era Veterans to the veteran’s school district for processing along with a copy of their discharge papers. 

To obtain a copy of their discharge papers, a DD-214 Request Form needs to be completed, signed and submitted to MVAA.

request form can also be downloaded and either faxed to 517-284-5297 or emailed to